Setting Up Outlook 2016 for a Switchfast Hosted POP3 Account
Open Outlook 2016. Under the File tab, select Add Account.
Choose to Manually setup or additional server types and click the Next button.
Choose POP or IMAP, then select Next
Enter the following information:
- User Information: Enter the user’s first and last name in “Your Name:”, and also their “Email Address:”
- Account Type: Should be set to POP3
- Incoming Mail Server: pop.switchfast.biz
- Outgoing Mail Server: smtp.switchfast.biz
- Login Information: The Username is their FULL EMAIL ADDRESS, and the password is specific to the user
Hit the More Settings … button and choose the Outgoing Server tab. You will need to select My Outgoing Server (SMTP) requires authentication. Make sure that the option to Use same settings as my incoming mail server is selected.
Switch to the Advanced tab, and change the Outgoing server (SMTP) port to 587.
If you only access their email from one computer, than “Leave a copy of messages on the server” can remain unchecked.
If you’d like to access email from smartphones, multiple computers, or the web as well, you should check that box and then set it to remove after 7 days.
Click OK and close out the accounts window. Test the email account by sending an email to that address.